Finding Your Engagement Photo Style
How to Find Your Engagement Style for personal, meaningful pictures!
This is one of those things you really don’t need to be stressed about. The key is to look inward and to consider your current life habits, hobbies and interests. From there, you’ll be able to find your engagement session style and incorporate it into your photographs seamlessly.
1. Think about your respective, and shared, hobbies and passions. For example, do you both love music? Or is cooking every night something you always do together? Maybe you love to go swing dancing.
2. Your respective professions can definitely contribute to your photo session style. Is he a firefighter? A scientist? A farmer? Is she a chef? A kindergarten teacher? A geologist? Whatever the case may be, you could choose to incorporate your professional lives into your photographs. Maybe it’s as simple as a chalkboard, a hay bale, or a chef’s hat.
3. Are you into sports? Show some team spirit in your photographs with jerseys, sports equipment or something similar.
4. What’s your favorite kind of music? Are you both country lovers? Maybe you’re more into the classical music scene. Don’t be afraid to dress the part.
5. Where do you feel like you’re really in your element? Is it outdoors at your favorite park? In the museum perusing the art? Or maybe you love the buzz of a colorful city.
6. What always makes you two laugh or have fun? Maybe it’s a board game, or a visit to the fair or circus.
No matter what, as long as you're both comfortable and happy during your photography session, you'll have stunning engagement photos! But if you really want to add that little extra personal touch, consider some of these fun ideas. Just please make sure you mention your plans to us beforehand at your photo consultation so we know how best to prepare!