Perfect Timing for Your Engagement Session
Timing your Engagement Session
When planning your engagement session, you want to get the timing just right and there are many factors to consider during this process. We’re here to help! Of course this is one of the reasons why we have a consultation with all of our couples before booking the photo shoot date, so you can relax knowing that we’ll get it all under control together! If you haven’t had your consultation with us yet, here are a few things to take into consideration when picking a session date:
1. If you are going to display your engagement photos at your wedding, and you are doing outside portraits, try to plan your engagement session in the season that you are having your wedding. This way, it matches your wedding décor.
2. Keep in mind that whenever you are planning your portraits could be a busy season for photographers and potential venue locations. Be sure to book early so you can get a good spot! You also need to remember that if you’re doing outdoor photos, you have to cater to the weather. Sometimes the weather is crazy and we have to reschedule. We’ve had clients have to reschedule before due to rain, etc. Be sure to ask about reserving a backup date in case your first one gets rained out.
3. Remember that you and/or your fiancé may need to take some time off of work for the session. We may not have any availability when you’re available because, even though we try to be accommodating, we don’t shoot every day or may already be booked on your day off. That’s why it’s so important for us to make the time for an initial consultation so we can all check our calendars and find the date that works for everyone!
4. Book early enough to use your photos for Save the Date cards, etc. Don’t forget about editing, printing, and mailing times. Allow enough time for the whole process and still have them to your guests on time.
5. If you’re doing a slideshow at your wedding and want to use your engagement photos in it, don’t wait until a month before your wedding to take your engagement photos and then stress and worry as you try to hurry to get them back and into the presentation. You have to allow editing time in your schedule.
As soon as you’re ready to book your engagement session with us, let us know and we’ll be happy to start planning the session with you!